Supporting Students in a Time of Core Standards series
Four books by grade level that feature:
- Authentic, useful advice from authors who work in real classrooms, with real students;
- An examination of the key features of Common Core State Standards (CCCS) and answers to some common questions they raise;
- Vignettes from individual classrooms that show how teachers have developed their successful practice, complete with examples of student work and other artifacts;
- Helpful visional aids that demonstrate how NCTE principles of effective teaching can align with standards; and
- Suggestions for further professional development for both individual educators and communities of practice.