Non-Member Price: $14.00
NCTE Member Price: $10.00
Editor(s): Ulrich Hardt
A wide-ranging exploration of the theme of ecological literacy.
Stock No.: 12854
OEJ shoulders its share of responsibility for healing Planet Earth in this amazingly rich resource for classroom teachers.
Contributions come from a wide range of authors, including
- English and science teams creating more environmentally sound school settings
- a folklorist who explores the Native American “ecological imagination,” a founder of “ecocriticism”
- an urban planner, an educator from Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- a history professor specializing in political economy
- the director of the Urban Greenspaces Institute
- middle schoolers confronting drainage pollution on their campus
- a historian discussing salmon as the “canary in the coal mine” of the Pacific Northwest.