Your donation is appreciated!
To donate, simply add any amount in the box to the right above the "Donate" button, click "Donate" to add that amount to your shopping cart, and proceed through the checkout process.
If you would prefer to
make your donation over the phone, please contact NCTE customer service
toll-free at (877) 369-6283.
Many of us know the Council as an organization that provides thoughtful, peer-reviewed journals and books and hosts professional meetings. But there is much more to NCTE than that. NCTE provides a host of services to enrich teacher and student learning, advance research, preserve intellectual freedom, and support educator agency.
Programs like these thrive through the rich contributions of time, energy, and resources provided by Council members and those who celebrate their work. I encourage you to invest in the future of our profession by giving generously to the NCTE Fund to Advance Literacy Education. When you do, you will be backing:
- Anti-censorship support for schools and teachers alike
- Continued expansion of initiatives like the African American Read-In and the National Day on Writing
- Research funding for studies by member-scholars of provocative professional inquiries and public policy questions relevant to literacy
- Action on pressing issues like the Council’s call for a moratorium on high-stakes testing and advocacy for more professional time devoted to teacher learning and collaboration
- Support for the advancement of diversity in all realms of our profession
- Powerful advocacy for Council positions and values at local, state, and national levels
- Deep mentoring for early career teachers and scholars
- Direct support for student members and those with employment gaps who wish to remain active in the organization
- Ever-widening access to free professional learning resources, videos, and protocols through initiatives like the National Center for Literacy Education and ReadWriteThink
- Celebrations of outstanding student work at all scholastic levels through NCTE awards programs
- Recognition of outstanding teaching practice, scholarship, and writing by NCTE members
- Awards and recognition for those who have given years of thoughtful service to their colleagues through NCTE programs and activities
- Timely news coverage of literacy education trends and events through the INBOX e-newsletter, Council Chronicle, and NCLE SmartBrief
- Ongoing administrative support for the work of NCTE Conferences, Affiliates, and Assemblies.
Executive Director, NCTE
Director, National Center for Literacy Education
The National Council of Teachers of English is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.