Non-Member Price: $475.00
NCTE Member Price: $430.00
This Investigation will allow you to explore the significant role that argument plays in developing students' critical thinking skills. You will find learning engagements that address:
- The key elements of argument
- Argument and critical thinking
- Argument and text-based discussions
- Argumentation across the disciplines
Level(s): Middle, Secondary
Investigations offer just in time, self-paced online professional learning with extensive models and examples of the teaching shifts needed to help students prepare to meet college and career-ready standards for learning. The school license is intended for leaders organizing professional learning for teachers at one school site. Learn more about ways school leaders can use Investigations to lead professional learning.
- Each Investigation is designed to take approximately 3-5 hours to complete.
- Structured learning engagements offer a blend of professional readings, classroom videos and on demand web seminars.
- 24/7 access to content allows you to engage with the resources at a time that is most convenient for you, and we give you access to the online content for three full months!
Investigations are a great resource both for individual teachers seeking independent learning opportunities as well as school or district teams who are engaging in collaborative professional learning! Special pricing options for leaders of school and district initiatives are available. Learn more!Note
: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.