Non-Member Price: $1500.00
This Investigation will support your site-based efforts of examining teaching
practices that lead to greater engagement, deeper content knowledge, and
stronger literacy skills when informational texts are given more prominence in
classrooms. The resources and activities can be used to help teachers:
- Recognize the range of texts associated with the term informational texts
and the implications of supporting students as readers.
- Discover how to effectively guide students to and through authentic
activities with texts.
- Evaluate the role of explicit instruction and the reading practices
supported by research.
- Analyze characteristics of conversations that lead to greater comprehension
- Examine the opportunities and challenges associated with asking students to
synthesize across multiple texts.
Investigations offer just in time, self-paced online professional learning with extensive models and examples of the teaching shifts needed to help students prepare to meet college and career-ready standards for learning. The district license is intended for leaders of district-wide professional learning.
- Each Investigation is designed to take approximately 3-5 hours to complete.
- Structured learning engagements offer a blend of professional readings, classroom videos and on demand web seminars.
- 24/7 access to content allows you to engage with the resources at a time that is most convenient for you, and we give you access to the online content for three full months!
Investigations are a great resource both for individual teachers seeking independent learning opportunities as well as school or district teams who are engaging in collaborative professional learning! Special pricing options for leaders of school and district initiatives are available. Learn more!
Note: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.