This Investigation explores teaching students how to synthesize the content in informational texts through an interactive read aloud and opportunities for students to write in response to the text read aloud.
You will find learning engagements that address:
- Introducing Synthesis of Informational Texts
- Using the Interactive Read Aloud to Teach
- Assessing Students' Written Responses to Texts
Investigations offer just-in-time, self-paced online professional learning with extensive models and examples of the teaching shifts needed to help students prepare to meet college- and career-ready standards for learning.
- Each Investigation is designed to take approximately 3-5 hours to complete.
- Structured learning engagements offer a blend of professional readings, classroom videos and on demand web seminars.
- 24/7 access to content allows you to engage with the resources at a time that is most convenient for you, and we give you access to the online content for three full months!
Investigations are a great resource for school teams who are engaging in collaborative professional learning! We offer special bulk pricing for school and district initiatives! Literacy leaders planning on-site professional development will benefit from these great features of Investigations:
- On-demand Web seminars and videos that their team can view and discuss during on-site meetings
- Professional readings that team members can read collaboratively either prior to meetings or in jigsaw fashion during the meetings
- Reflection prompts to guide discussions
- A rich array of guided activities that teachers can choose from to put their learning into action.
School licenses are intended for leaders organizing professional learning for teachers in one building. District licenses are intended for leaders of district-wide professional learning. Learn more about this option!