Non-Member Price: $75.00
NCTE Member Price: $75.00
This Investigation explores teaching students how to synthesize the content in informational texts through an interactive read aloud and opportunities for students to write in response to the text read aloud.
You will find learning engagements that address:
- Introducing Synthesis of Informational Texts
- Using the Interactive Read Aloud to Teach
- Assessing Students' Written Responses to Texts
Level(s): Elementary, Middle
Investigations offer just in time, self-paced online professional learning with extensive models and examples of the teaching shifts needed to help students prepare to meet college and career-ready standards for learning.
- Each Investigation is designed to take approximately 3-5 hours to complete.
- Structured learning engagements offer a blend of professional readings, classroom videos and on demand web seminars.
- 24/7 access to content allows you to engage with the resources at a time that is most convenient for you, and we give you access to the online content for three full months!
Investigations are a great resource both for individual teachers seeking independent learning opportunities as well as school or district teams who are engaging in collaborative professional learning! Special pricing options for leaders of school and district initiatives are available. Learn more!
Note: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.