Non-Member Price: $99.00
NCTE Member Price: $49.00
Presenter(s): Laura DeSena
This Web seminar recording includes all audio, video, chat discussion, and actions from the Live presentation.
Access to the recording is available in your Digital Locker after purchase.
Level(s): Secondary, College
How can teachers encourage students to discover self and cultivate authority of point of view in the research process? What strategies help prevent plagiarism in student writing?
This one hour Web seminar led by Laura Hennessey DeSena, author of Preventing Plagiarism: Tips and Techniques, will consider strategies that encourage original expression in the generation of an original thesis idea. In this interactive exchange, we will discuss:
- How freewriting can help students discover a critical eye and an authentic voice
- Why students lapse into source of language plagiarism
- Paraphrasing as a tightrope walk
- The importance of immersion in primary sources first in the authentic process
- How research is like dominating a conversation in the dialogue between student writer and external sources
- Why we teach research: process vs. product
Note: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.