Author(s): Anne Ruggles Gere, Elizabeth C. Homan, Christopher Parsons, Ruth Anna Spooner, Chinyere Uzogara
Through video vignettes and audio clips, teachers unpack the CCSS model of text complexity and offer models of teaching students to negotiate text complexity, methods of assessment, and planning for teaching text complexity.
Information on downloading this enhanced ebook
Level(s): Middle, Secondary
Stock No.: 53550
NOTE: This is an enhanced ebook featuring audio and video content. This epub version is available here for the iPad and Nook HD and HD+ only. A version for the Kindle Fire HD is available for purchase from Amazon.com.
For Nook HD/HD+ users: make sure that your Nook has the Publisher Defaults turned on.
- Open an ebook and tap the center of the page to open the Reader Tools.
- Tap the Text icon (Aa) and make sure that the Publisher Defaults bar is turned to “ON.”
Download directions for iPad users
- After purchase, the file will download to your NCTE Digital Locker (accessible from the NCTE website via the “My Account” link, in the “My Downloads” section).
- Open iTunes and drag the ebook file to the Books section of iTunes.
- Connect your iPad to the computer with a USB cable.
- In iTunes, sync your iPad to add the ebook to your iBooks library.
- Open the ebook in the iBooks app.
Feeling confused about what “text complexity” means? Want strategies for assessing the reading abilities of your students? Interested in learning more about text-dependent questions? Ready to think about making some “instructional shifts”? This ebook is for you.
So begins NCTE’s first enhanced ebook, rich with interactive resources that showcase classroom teachers demonstrating principles of excellent reading instruction while addressing the call of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) to emphasize text complexity.
Through video vignettes and audio clips, teachers unpack the CCSS model of text complexity and offer models of teaching students to negotiate text complexity, methods of assessment, and planning for teaching text complexity. Further resources can be accessed at the click of a hyperlink.2014. Grades 9–12. e-ISBN 978-0-8141-5355-0.No. 53550