Non-Member Price: $450.00
NCTE Member Price: $450.00
Presenter(s): Susi Long, Jeffery Williams, Tonya Perry, Sarah Brown Wessling
This Web seminar recording package includes all audio, video, chat discussion, and actions from all four grade-level Live presentations.
Access to the recording is available in your Digital Locker after purchase.
Level(s): College, Elementary, Middle, Secondary
Conference Recordings Include, Per Grade-Level Conference:
- Four (13 total), 60-minute recorded sessions co-presented by award-winning teachers.
- Handouts (from the forthcoming NCTE books) and PowerPoints
- Extended conversations and resource sharing with conference presenters and a network of participating schools that will share updates as their plans progress.
Session 1: Keynote by Sarah Brown Wessling
Interpreting the Standards: Maintaining the Integrity of the Classroom in Times of Transformation
Session 2: Finding Your Way With the Common Core Standards
- Address questions about CCSS ELA standards.
- Align NCTE principles of good teaching with CCSS.
- Discern student learning needs.
- Consider the range of texts and materials that will foster your students’ learning.
Session 3: Contextualizing and Building with the Core Standards
- Interact with inspiring teachers who incorporate CCSS into their instruction.
- Consider individualized and whole-class strategies to foster student learning in the CCSS environment.
- Learn to “chart the practice” to connect CCSS and outstanding teaching.
- Employ formative assessment to shape teaching.
Session 4: Developing Planning Strategies
- Develop planning strategies for creating units of instruction that:
- keep students at the center
- address CCSS ELA standards
- involve collaboration with colleagues
- employ formative assessment
- integrate NCTE principles of good teaching with CCSS ELA standards
Purchase online if paying by credit card, or call Customer Service at 877-369-6283 with your purchase order number.
Note: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.